Quad Interface external 4.0TB, 7200rpm hard drive with 64MB cache offers the perfect complement to your Mac mini.
The Newer Technology miniStack® is the perfect external storage and backup solution designed specifically to complement the look and feel of the latest Mac lineup. With a footprint identical to the Mac mini (2010 or later), the two stack and fit together for seamless desktop integration. It also looks great when paired with the iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and aluminum or black finished PCs.
This miniStack has 3TB of storage and features a quad interface that allows you to choose the way you connect to your computer–via FireWire 800/400, USB 3.0/2.0, or eSATA – with data transfer speeds up to 500MB/s.The large storage capacity and multi-interface options make the miniStack ideal for storing or backing up large music, photo, and video libraries.
- Durable aluminum body is designed to match the finish of the current Mac line
- Quad interface:
- FireWire 800/400 (100MB/s / 50MB/s)
- USB 3.0/2.0 (300MB/s / 60MB/s)
- eSATA (300MB/s)
- MagLev fan (same as used in the Mac mini) offers frictionless, whisper-quiet operation
- Integrated Kensington Security Slot for theft prevention
- High quality double-shielded connection cables included for USB 3.0 and FW 800 (eSATA sold separately)
- Identical footprint to 2010 and later Mac mini (measures 1.4 (H) x 7.7 (W) x 7.7 (D) inches)
Please Note Due to an issue with USB-3 peripherals causing interference with devices functioning at 2.4-2.5GHz radio frequencies, using the MiniStack may cause a reduced range of bluetooth devices being used with your machine if it is next to or near it. This is no fault of the MiniStacks themselves, but with the USB-3 data transferal.
There is currently no fix for this problem besides either moving the USB-3 device further away from the bluetooth or IR device, or adding an insulating layer around the board within the Mac to prevent it affecting it as much.
Please be aware of this problem when considering using this device over USB-3. (This will not affect the use of the unit over USB-2, Firewire 800 or eSATA)
As this item comes with a moulded USB-3 cable, if would rather use it via USB-2, you will need to use a USB type-B cable (not included). USB-3 ports are backwardly compatible with USB-2 cables.