Warranty & Returns : Terms and Procedure
The Bookyard is committed to excellence in after sales support as well as pre-sales and will always do our best to resolve any issue with products we have supplied. We do, however, have to have certain guidelines relating to the return of products. Due to the complex nature of computer repairs, the cause of faults is often misdiagnosed and parts are either ordered in error or are returned to us as faulty when the part is fully functional but the fault on the computer is being caused by a different component. We recognise that computer repair is often a process of elimination and are therefore happy for un-needed products to be returned. However, due to the fragility and static sensitive nature of many of our parts, and because we insist on maintaining the depedability of the parts we sell, we must re-test functional parts before resale if they have been opened/handled and therefore normally charge a re-testing/re-stocking fee as detailed below.
Non-faulty items may be returned up to 14 days after you take delivery of them. Faulty items may be returned at any time during the warranty period as stated on the product page when purchased. Please note that some "New" parts do not have 12 months warranty as they are service spares (which typically come with 3 months warranty) rather than retail products.
Items replaced within the warranty period will be covered for the remainer of the original warranty period, or 30 days from the date of return to the customer, whichever is longer. Where a refurbished computer or other Apple device is repaired within the warranty period, the device will be covered against recurrence of the same fault, or failure of any part fitted during the repair, for the remainer of the original warranty period, or 30 days from the date of return to the customer, whichever is longer.
Items reported faulty within 14 days of receipt will be considered to be within our DOA period and The Bookyard will either pay for collection of the item of re-imburse the return shipping cost. The Bookyard warranty is "return to base" and therefore The Bookyard will not arrange, or pay the cost associated with, returning items reported faulty after 14 days from receipt and within the products warranty period.
- Items returned due to an error by The Bookyard will receive a full refund.
- Parts bought as Used or Recycled, and returned due to customer error will be subject to a restocking/re-testing of 15% or £10, whichever is greater.
- Parts bought as New and returned due to customer error will have to be re-sold as Used and therefore will be subject to a re-stocking fee of 25% or £10, whichever is greater.
- The Bookyard reserves the right to refuse the refund for new items returned without their packaging, items returned damaged/incomplete or items that have failed due to misuse, mishandling or connection to other faulty part(s).
- Shipping costs will not be refunded for items returned due to customer error.
If you wish to return a product, please click the "[Request Return]" link next to the product name on the original order within your order history.