Returns : Terms and Procedure
The Bookyard is committed to excellence in after sales support as well as pre-sales and will always do our best to resolve any issue with products we have supplied. We do, however, have to have certain guidelines relating to the return of products. Due to the complex nature of computer repairs, the cause of faults is often misdiagnosed and parts are either ordered in error or are returned to us as faulty when the part is fully functional but the fault on the computer is being caused by a different component. We recognise that computer repair is often a process of elimination and are therefore happy for un-needed products to be returned. However, due to the fragility and static sensitive nature of many of our parts, and because we insist on maintaining the depedability of the parts we sell, we must re-test functional parts before resale if they have been opened/handled and therefore normally charge a re-testing/re-stocking fee as detailed below.
Non-faulty items may be returned up to 14 days after you take delivery of them. Faulty items may be returned at any time during the warranty period as stated on the product page when purchased. Please note that some "New" parts do not have 12 months warranty as they are service spares (which typically come with 3 months warranty) rather than retail products.
- Items returned due to an error by The Bookyard will receive a full refund.
- Parts bought as Used or Recycled, and returned due to customer error will be subject to a restocking/re-testing of 15% or £10, whichever is greater.
- Parts bought as New and returned due to customer error will have to be re-sold as Used and therefore will be subject to a re-stocking fee of 25% or £10, whichever is greater.
- The Bookyard reserves the right to refuse the refund for items returned damaged/incomplete or new items returned without their packaging.
- Shipping costs will not be refunded for items returned due to customer error.
If you wish to return a product, please click the "[Need to return this product?]" link under the product name on the original order within your order history.