For High Speed Performance and Reliability
Mercury Electra SSDs deliver the latest in flash NAND and controller technology, utilizing SLC and 3D NAND for long-lasting, power-efficient performance. They offer a powerful combination of performance and reliability for demanding everyday computer users.
This 6G SATA SSD delivers fast, reliable performance. It works as a hard drive upgrade internally and in bus-powered or self-powered external enclosures (any Mac, PC, or enclosure that supports 2.5" SATA drives, must support 7mm drive height).
With sequential reads up to 532MB/s and random reads up to 84K IOPS, the OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance.
High Performance Internal Storage
OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
The Mercury SSD line features:
• Global wear leveling algorithms automatically distribute data evenly and manage program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan.
• StaticDataRefresh manages free space, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time, preventing data corruption.
• Hardware BCH ECC corrects errors up to 66-bit/1KB for superior data retention and drive life.
• S.M.A.R.T and TRIM command support.
• Standby power benefits to extend battery life for laptop road warriors.
• Latest flash NAND and controller technology
Special note for specific 2009 iMacs, 2008-2010 MacBooks, 2008-2009 MacBook Pros & 2009 Mac mini.
While a 6G SSD does function, it will only do so at SATA Revision 1.0 (1.5Gb/s, 150MB/s) speeds rather that the SATA Revision 2.0 (3.0Gb/s 300MB/s) speed the computer can deliver.
We highly recommend the use of a SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s) SSD such as the OWC Mercury Electra 3G for the following Macs:
iMac9,1, iMac 10,1, iMac11,1, MacBook5,1, MacBook5,2, MacBook6,1, MacBook7,1, MacBookPro5,1, MacBookPro5,2, MacBookPro5,3, MacBookPro5,4, MacBookPro5,6, MacMini3,1, MacMini4,1
See the link below for full compatibility