OWC Digital Thermal, SMC Compatible in-line solution for all Apple 2011 iMac 21.5" and 27" Models. Upgrade your iMac with any SATA drive. No Software hacks, AHT Diagnostic compatible. Hard drive sold separately. 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
• Required for any drive installed into the main drive bay.
• Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2011 iMac.
• The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
• Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third party hard drives.
• Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
Improve Performance and Capacity. Upgrade Your iMac with Confidence.
OWC's in-line solution is the only hardware digital thermal sensor on the market allowing a third-party SATA drive to be installed in your iMac. A convenient, plug-and-play cable, the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates fan noise and maintains proper system fan control through the iMac's System Management Controller. This innovative device is designed specifically for the iMac, requires no software hacks and ensures compatibility with Apple's built-in diagnostic processes.
Note: Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the OWC Install Video in its entirety to determine your ability to perform this complex upgrade. OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of the OWC Install Video found here.
Tools not included